Fibroblast Plasma Pen
What is Fibroblast Plasma Pen?
Fibroblast Plasma Pen is the world’s most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening, and rejuvenation treatment to dramatically enhance a more youthful appearance without the need for costly and invasive surgery.
Plasma Pen ‘fibroblasting’ is a non-surgical treatment that’s effective in wrinkle smoothing , eyelid tightening, eyelid hood reduction and is able to lift and repair and area of the skin to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
How does it work?
As we age our skin thins and less collagen is produced, creating wrinkles and sag to the skin.
We use a Plasma flash that shrinks the top layer of the skin and stimulates the fibroblast in the skin to create collagen cells. Our true plasma arc pen contacts the epidermis with a tiny microtrauma which also encourages our fibroblast cells to divide creating more collagen. Fibroblast cell are responsible for our collagen production and rarely undergo division.
This is why this treatment is pioneering the way we treat fine lines and wrinkles.
Why Choose Pinpoint Permanent Cosmetics?
Not all Plasma Pens are created equal.
In fact, there are only five devices in the world that use a true plasma arc. Out of those five, only one is available in the US and that is the Plasma Pen that we use to perform all of our treatments. It is FDA registered, safe and effective. Proven science using state-of-the-art technology.
What this means for you? Real and lasting results, less damage to the skin, and easier/quicker healing time.
Upper Facial, Mid-Facial, Lower Facial, Other
Click the images below for more information.
Plasma Pen FAQ
For more information on the Fibroblast Plasma Pen treatment, read our frequently asked questions below.
Plasma Pen vs Cosmetic Surgery?
- The only treatment outside of Plastic Surgery which can be performed on the eyelids
- No injectables of any kind
- No scalpels, no cutting, and no ablations to the skin
- No stitches and suturing required, and no scars
- Very low risk procedure with minimal side effects and very short downtimes-especially with our device
- Quick and easy procedure
- No thinning of the skin
- No asymmetries and risks of any over correction
- Enormous cost savings compared to comparable alternatives
- Long-lasting results
When can results be seen?
Results can typically be seen right after. It can take up to 90 days for the full effects of the treatment to be seen as the skin continues to produce more collagen over those 90 days.
Where can the treatment be applied?
How long do the results last?
The results are permanent however nothing stops the skin from ageing as time goes on. Similar to a face lift, over time the skin starts to wrinkle and sag again. This is why the results are permanent but a refreshment of the treated area may be wanted around 3 years.
How many sessions will I need?
This depends on the condition of your skin going into the treatment and the desired results to be achieved. Most people will see great improvement in one session. However more mature skin may need up to three sessions. The same area can be treated again after 90 days.
How long does the treatment take?
It just depends on the area being treated. Anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Please call or message us for a more specific quote.
Is anything being injected into the skin?
No, nothing is injected into the skin. Your results are based on your natural collagen production. The Plasma Pen does not enter the skin at all but instead floats 1mm above the surface.
How long must I wait after receiving botox or fillers?
If you are treating the area where the injections were placed, please allow for three weeks between getting botox and/or fillers and receiving the fibroblast plasma pen treatment.
What are the Contraindications?
If you are Fitzpatrick skin 4 or above, or unsure of where you fall on the Fitzpatrick scale please schedule a consultation to determine if you are a good fit for this treatment. This treatment can not be performed with the following conditions: pregnancy or breastfeeding, allergies to anesthetics, Hemophilia, Hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Hyperpigmentation, Lupus, Hypertrophic Scarring, Keloid Scarring, and Vitiligo. If you are on any Steroid or Cortisone Creams, please seek a doctor’s approval first. If you are on Accutane please allow for 6 months’ time before receiving the treatment. No retinol products for 1 week before the treatment.
Preparing for your treatment
- We recommend you avoid sun-tanning, spray-tanning, tanning injections and sunbeds for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment. Ideally, you should try to use SPF30 to prep your skin for 2 to 4 weeks before your treatment, especially if you are naturally darker skinned.
- You may even wish to consider a Pre Treatment product using a Tyrosinase Inhibitor as this can help prevent the enzyme “Tyrosinase” from misfiring or over-oxidizing the Tyrosine and thus helps ensure there is no overproduction of pigment in the skin. Tyrosinase Inhibitors are not just useful for those who suffer from hyperpigmentation but for all clients – even those with healthy, even skin.
- Avoid any other type of procedures on the same area which you intend to have treated with Plasma Pen, such as laser therapy, chemical peels, botox/fillers, as this may prevent your treatment being performed by your technician at the time you want it.
- Discontinue any use of topical Retin-A products a minimum of 1 week prior to treatment.
- Remove contact lenses and any eyelash extensions prior to treatment.
What to expect right after the treatment?
- No working out for 24 hours after the treatment.
- The treatment area may feel like a slight sunburn.
- Swelling is typically minimal and normal and can last for 1-3 days in the treatment area.
- The area treated MUST NOT be covered with any type of make-up or cream until the area has fully healed and all tiny dots have flaked off (3-7 days depending on skin).
- Clients can resume their activities immediately after each session but may not look their complete best during the healing process (3-7 days).
- It is absolutely essential to avoid any sun exposure during the healing process and apply SPF for two months to the treated area to avoid the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Tiny crusts will quickly form on the treated area. These may be visible for 4-7 days. Do NOT pick crusts off as this will delay the healing process and could cause hyperpigmentation.
- Once the crusts have all fallen off you may apply your normal foundation/make-up but avoid using skincare products containing Glycolic or any other active exfoliating ingredients as this will cause irritation.
- If possible, we recommend you take a high dose of Vitamin C supplement over the course of the healing process as this will help give your immune system a big boost and boost your results.
- SPF30 should be worn whether you are outside, in and out of your vehicle or driving as well as if you are staying indoors. Even indoor lighting can cause risk of pigmentation on new healing skin.
- You absolutely must NOT use saunas or sunbeds during your 10 – 12 week healing period. Avoid the midday sun and apply an SPF50 for any sun exposure during the 10-12 weeks after your treatment.
You will be washing the treated area twice a day and applying a healing serum to the area. All aftercare products and instructions will be provided to you at the appointment time.
Scheduling and Pricing:
We have provided graphics to make determining your desired area easy to book and view pricing. Please see those graphics for help and also note the all-in-one treatment for each major treatment area may be the best and most cost effective fit (see graphics above).
If you are booking multiple treatment areas please call to confirm that those can be treated at the same appointment. A consultation can be scheduled to discuss your desired results and the different options available to you.
You may also send us a picture detailing your overall goal if a consultation is not an option for you. A consultation is not necessary as long as you have read the contraindications.